Miriam decided to create ABCs for the Actor. Spanning 10 episodes, this web-series includes advice on how to work on your craft in order to be more motivated. At the end of this page is her documentary, Madeleine’s Method, about her life-long friend and coach, Madeleine Sherwood as she teaches a workshop at the Actors Studio in New York City.
ABCs For The Actor
1. The first dictum is to “Always Be Creative.”
2. The second dictum is to “Always Be Courageous.”
3. The third lesson is to “Always Be Contending.”
4. The fourth ABC video is to “Always Be Connecting.”
5. The fifth video is to “Always Be Communicating.”
6. The sixth saying is to “Always Be Committing.”
7. The seventh dictum is to “Always Be Challenging.”
A DOCUMENTARY BY
Miriam Laurence’s documentary about her life-long friend — actor, teacher and director, Madeleine Sherwood. In this doc, Madeleine talks about her life and career as she goes to the Actors Studio in New York to teach a special workshop. Included is rare footage of the work that goes on inside the actual Actors Studio.