35+ years training actors
METHOD ACTING INTEGRATION
acting from the ground up:
Body, Voice, Heart, Mind & Imagination
- September 16 – December 8
- all in-person
- September 17-December 9
- 3 classes online
- September 18 – December 10
- 3 classes online
- 1pm – 5/5:30pm (depending on class size).
- Class Size
- 6-10 actors
- In-Person near Bloor & Parliament.*
*In-person depending on the Covid-19 situation; with the understanding that we might have to go fully online
- Returning Actors/ACTRA Members: $700 CAD + HST
- New Actors: $780 CAD + HST
- Payment can be made in pre-arranged installments. Talk to Miriam about it.
- Linklater voice warm-ups
- Alexander & Yoga body alignment
- Theatre Games for spontaneity
- Strasberg Relaxation, Sense Memory, Song & Dance
- Meisner for listening
- Adler text analysis
- Hagen Privacy Exercises & Strasberg Private Moment work
- Improvisational Techniques & Animal Work for character
- On-Camera Skills: monologues, audition scenes and long-term Scene Study
- Auditions Techniques: cold reads and fully prepared
*All work is filmed on personal SD cards or recorded on Zoom.
Miriam meets all prospective actors and together they decide if this work is right for them.
If you are interested in studying with Miriam, watch the class video and then email her:
In the email tell her a bit about previous training in acting or related areas, life experience, and why you want to train with her. Please attach a resume and headshot if you have one.
Miriam will get back to you by email and arrange a time to meet with you online to establish an individual connection.
This procedure helps her tailor an individual program of study for each actor, preserves the integrity of the class, and ensures a safe space to explore the craft.
As the class size is limited, it offers a high value to those who are committed.
After admittance, payment will be made via PayPal for international students and online banking for Canadians.
Actors have found that training with Miriam for a year or two builds their technique and forces them to take risks more effectively than going from teacher to teacher.
The depth of training leads to a highly skilled and intuitive acting style in theatre, television, and film.
Actors gain the freedom, the information, and the knowledge to explore the many choices available to them and become better actors as a result.
Actors who have studied with Miriam are welcome to come back to audit free of charge when they are not in a session.
Actors new to Miriam should arrange to meet her in person and watch the class video on this website as a virtual ‘audit.’
As with many US studios, there are no auditors except for those who have previously trained with Miriam and understand the work.