35+ years training actors
METHOD ACTING INTEGRATION
acting from the ground up:
Body, Voice, Heart, Mind & Imagination
Fall 2022 Sessions
- Saturdays: 6 weeks (Few Spots Remaining)
- October 29 – December 9 (November 26th off)
- all in-person
- Sundays: 6 weeks (Waiting List Only)
- October 30 – December 10 (November 27th off)
- all in-person
- 1pm – 5/5:30pm (depending on class size).
- Class Size
- 6-10 actors
- In-Person near Bloor & Parliament.*
*In-person depending on the Covid-19 situation; with the understanding that we might have to go fully online
- 10-week session:
- Returning Actors/ACTRA Members: $640 CAD + HST
- New Actors: $680 CAD + HST
- 6-week session:
- Returning Actors/ACTRA Members: $375 CAD + HST
- New Actors: $400 CAD + HST
- Payment can be made in pre-arranged installments. Talk to Miriam about it.
Payments & Refund Policy: The registration fee of $113.00 is part of the full payment. There are no refunds of the deposit and we cannot transfer this payment to a future class. Unless we’ve arranged otherwise, please pay the balance by the week before the first class. Unfortunately, the HST is applied to the cost of the session. Receipts will be issued by the middle of the session. Payment is to be made online. Full class balances are owed by 5 business days before the class start date and are not refundable after that date. Partial refunds are possible up to two weeks before the session.
(For videos about the process go to ‘Upcoming Sessions’ page)
Warm Ups for the actor’s instrument
- Linklater voice warm-ups
- Alexander & Yoga body alignment
- Theatre Games for spontaneity
Stanislavsky-Based Approaches for craft choice-work & text:
- Strasberg Relaxation, Sense Memory, Song & Dance
- Meisner for listening
- Adler text analysis
- Hagen Privacy Exercises & Strasberg Private Moment work
- Improvisational Techniques & Animal Work for character
- On-Camera Skills: monologues, audition scenes and long-term Scene Study
- Auditions Techniques: cold reads and fully prepared
*All work is filmed on personal SD cards, on actor’s iphones or recorded on Zoom.
Miriam meets all prospective actors and together they decide if this work is right for them.
If you are interested in studying with Miriam, watch the class video and then email her:
In the email tell her a bit about previous training in acting or related areas, life experience, and why you want to train with her. Please attach a resume and headshot if you have one.
Miriam will get back to you by email and arrange a time to meet with you online to establish an individual connection.
This procedure helps her tailor an individual program of study for each actor, preserves the integrity of the class, and ensures a safe space to explore the craft.
As the class size is limited, it offers a high value to those who are committed.
After admittance, payment will be made via PayPal for international students and online banking for Canadians.
Actors have found that training with Miriam for a year or two builds their technique and forces them to take risks more effectively than going from teacher to teacher.
The depth of training leads to a highly skilled and intuitive acting style in theatre, television, and film.
Actors gain the freedom, the information, and the knowledge to explore the many choices available to them and become better actors as a result.
Actors who have studied with Miriam are welcome to come back to audit free of charge when they are not in a session.
Actors new to Miriam should arrange to meet her in person and watch the class video on this website as a virtual ‘audit.’
As with many US studios, there are no auditors except for those who have previously trained with Miriam and understand the work.